Tuesday, September 25, 2018

SWOT & Personal Branding

So, I got the chance to read the two articles written by Lisa Quast, SWOT: http://limestonedigital.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/7/7/12773739/swot.pdf and Personal Branding 101: http://limestonedigital.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/7/7/12773739/brandyourself.pdf and they were both very informal. SWOT basically was a general idea of how to conduct a personal analysis of your strengths and weaknesses. Branding 101 went more into depth of how you should brand yourself in a business aspect the trying to build your career. If I were to take one tip that I deem most important it would have to be to conduct your research. Many people aspire to go into fields not truly knowing what all it takes to make it to where they want to be. I feel this would personally help me because I can research what worked and what didn't work from from other peoples experiences.

Strengths:
- Socialite (Easy for me to make friends and get to know others).
- Not afraid to speak to people (Confident).
- Attentive to detail.
- Organized.
- Mature.
- Work well under pressure.

Weaknesses:
- Speech (tend to slur my words)
- Don't know exactly the steps to take after graduation.
- Procrastination.
- Need to work on being a vocal leader and not just leading by example.

Opportunities:
- Internships
- Speech classes

Threats:
- Many people will already know exactly what they want to do after school.

Branding Myself:
Hopefully people view me as being a very reliable person. Also fun and energetic and easy to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Truth by: Aaron D. Able

Here is a short memoir / micro essay I submitted to the Creative Nonfiction Network during their online "Tiny Truth" essay competi...