Friday, April 3, 2020

Tiny Truth by: Aaron D. Able

Here is a short memoir / micro essay I submitted to the Creative Nonfiction Network during their online "Tiny Truth" essay competition. The goal was to tell a true story using 280 characters or less and to my surprise, my submission was selected, published, and featured on Creative Nonfiction Network's Twitter account! Enjoy!

Tiny Truth by: Aaron D. Able

17 and in love lying in bed watching TV with my boyfriend.
Front door opens.
Quietly panicking as footsteps of high heels get closer to my room.
Knuckles collide against the door.
I open it to greet mom and she asks, "Why is your window open?"
But the coast is clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Truth by: Aaron D. Able

Here is a short memoir / micro essay I submitted to the Creative Nonfiction Network during their online "Tiny Truth" essay competi...