Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Reading Today

After reading the articles "Reading in a Whole New Way" and "Everything Science Knows About Reading on Screens" I have a whole new perspective on reading using different mediums. I thought that when reading on screen versus using the traditional book was less beneficial. However, one can benefit using both mediums in different ways.  In "Reading in a Whole New Way" it explained more about how reading and writing developed in the earlier years of life and also explained more about how we as humans can benefit from using technology and devices. It also favors the use of technology and argues that it has gave us more words to use, media choices, what we actually write about, etc. In the article "Everything science Knows About Reading on Screens" I feel like the author favored traditional book reading although the article did state claims of helping certain people such as ones with dyslexia. One of the main issues that stuck out to me in this article was the fact that on screen reading causes bad habits. It can help you develop bad reading habits such as scanning which, makes me wonder have I REALLY been reading... Or have I just been reading? Nevertheless, I think it is important to consistently practice both ways of reading so that the mind can develop and adjust properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Truth by: Aaron D. Able

Here is a short memoir / micro essay I submitted to the Creative Nonfiction Network during their online "Tiny Truth" essay competi...