Thursday, August 30, 2018

Video Killed the Radio Star

I watched this video, "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Boggles and it's funny to me because I've heard this song plenty of times and never knew the name of it, or what the lyrics were even saying. It was written by Trevor Horn, Geoff Downes, and Bruce Woolley in 1978. The messaged that I interpreted from the video was that maybe they were trying to get people to switch over from using radios by attracting them to the use of videos. The name also suggests that the use of videos and new technology began putting the radio stars out of business.  It hints that some people may not have agreed with this as well. I did some research and in fact, I found that the reason behind the make of the video was to promote technology and to bring forth mixed concerns about new 20th century inventions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Killed_the_Radio_Star

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Truth by: Aaron D. Able

Here is a short memoir / micro essay I submitted to the Creative Nonfiction Network during their online "Tiny Truth" essay competi...